Passionate about designing and developing highly usable web applications that maximize user satisfaction.
- Git, Bzr, SVN, CVS
- Ant, MSBuild
- JUnit, NUnit, Selenium
|Mac OS X (10.6-10.7)||2|
The Jonah Group
May 2008 to present
Working in a team that is helping a large insurance provider in the United States design and develop an internal web-based application to organize and configure their clients' health care solutions. The system replaces a primarily paper-based process increasing the productivity of employees tenfold. It is on schedule to be deployed in the fall of 2012.
- Split time 50/50 between front- and back-end development activities.
- Primary contact for front-end issues and development.
- Introduced Selenium testing into the development process by creating a WebDriver-based project capable of completing basic user workflows. Provided documentation and training materials for the team.
- Helped the client integrate the Grails framework into their JEE Struts-based environments.
- Managed releases through the client's CA SCM change management system.
- Provided documentation to the client on configuring their RAD 8 + WAS 7 environments for Grails development work.
Involved in two projects for a popular US-based automotive financing facilitator. Firstly, supported and developed the company's main offering: a web-based credit application management system (CAMS). Secondly, developed their public web site.
- Worked in a team to design and implement several major features including credit reporting and identity verification.
- Collaborated with numerous client's specialists including developers, database administrators, technical architects, and business analysts.
- Responsible for the creation and management of build scripts for the application.
Public Web Site
- Led a team of three in the role of a Project Manager.
- Participated in all development activities.
- Liaised directly with the customer, gathering requirements and providing status updates.
- Coordinated application releases with the client's Operations Manager.
- Provided documentation in the form of release and user manuals.
- Created change request documents to support post-release activities. Participated in their estimation.
Looking to switch from its aging Journyx system, The Jonah Group commissioned an internal project called Lychee to be its replacement, which was designed to better suit the needs of a consulting company.
- Acted as Project Manager and Team Lead. The team size varied from two to ten members.
- Participated in all stages of the project: discovery, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, training, and support.
- Solicited requirements from stakeholders within the company.
- Prepared plans and coordinated all effort.
- Ran design and status meetings with the team and the Project Director.
PetRos EiKon Inc.
September 2001 to April 2008
Interned summers at a small Brampton geophysical consulting and product company that services the exploration and mining industry.
- Designed and developed Java and C++/MFC applications for software update procedures for both internal and customer use.
- Developed an intranet site in PHP with Smarty templates backed by a MySQL database that managed client registrations records and processed software update requests.
- Administered a Gentoo Linux Web/FTP server. Managed backups and networking setup.
- Contributed largely to the development of the company web site.
- Introduced a source control system (CVS and SVN) into the web site development process.
- Collaborated in a team to reorganize the web site content and create geophysical software documentation.
Honours BSc from University of Toronto (2008)
Software Engineering Stream