- 🛹 Learning to
skateboardsurf-skate. I’m neither a surfer nor a skateboarder, but a surf-skater I may one day become. Once I learn how to turn, that is.
- 🎲 Recently finished my first ever D&D 5e campaign: Sunless Citadel as a Human Barbarian Ulrich, who gives his weapons Scandinavian names and is trying to collect enough gold to free the love of his life from some sneaky goblins. Found this campaign through startplaying.games. Never been into high fantasy, but thanks to Critical Role it’s growing on me. D&D has so far been a very positive influence in my life and I only wish I had discovered it sooner. Taking a break for the summer, but will likely get back into it.
- 🧠 Attempting to build a second brain with Remnote.
- 🎸 I’ve tried learning how to play guitar a few times since I turned 18. The pandemic seems to have finally made it stick. I still suck, but Yousician has been very helpful in making me feel like I suck less.
- 🏃🏻♂️ Having realized that my “bad knees” problem was really just terrible running form and imbalanced muscle groups, I’ve been trying to increase my running distance this summer. Up to 22km right now. No distance goals beyond this right now.
- 🧗🏻♂️ I lead-climb and boulder indoors once or twice a week.
- 🕸️ Learning more about the IndieWeb. The hardest part is not the tech, but negotiating with myself how much of myself to share online.
I’m a Software Engineer at League, building a platform for other engineers building a platform for the health tech platform business. It’s platforms all the way down. Right now I’m learning about and implementing SLOs and pretending to be an SRE.